Sunday, August 20, 2006

Frame is Done !!!!



I was originally going to take the frame and have it sandblasted due to its size. In order to save a couple hundred bucks I decided to do it with a wire cup wheel. It took me a while but it turned out great. I welded a patch on the ladder bar mount damage and bought a bunch of large flat washers for the body mount repairs. Since I can run a lathe, I turned the inside diameters of the flat washers to the correct specs for the body bushings and welded them in place. I then soaked the hell out of the frame inside and out with a rust encapsulator, primed and painted in semi gloss black. This whole job cost me about $100.00 give or take. It probably would have cost me that much to have it sandblasted only. Anyway here are some pics of the finished frame. Next job is to clean up the rear differential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home